Aadhar Linking with Bank Accounts is now necessary as per the instructions of UIDAI. However, the Supreme Court has issued the orders, and postponed the Aadhar Linking deadline till further orders.
Anyways, this is the necessity now to link Aadhar with Bank accounts. In case you don’t know whether your Aadhar is linked with your bank account or not, you can follow the instructions below-
Steps to Verify Aadhar Link Status with Bank Account
You can verify the status of your application by following these simple steps.
- Go to UIDAI’s official website.
- Go to the “Aadhar service” category and click on “Check Aadhar and Bank Account Linking Status”
- Enter your UAN
-digit number and the security captcha.
- Now it’s time to request your One Time Password, which will be sent to the phone number you already provided in the Aadhar enrollment process.
- Enter the OTP you received via text message and click on “Login”.
- Once your request is verified you’ll be able to check your linking status, and you’ll see the date and the name of your bank.
How can I confirm that my Aadhar Number is Linked to My Bank Account via SMS?
You can check the status of your application at any moment via SMS by following these steps:
- Dial *
- Enter your Aadhar number and make sure it’s correct.
- Then you’ll be able to check the status of your application.
As you can see, every process is very simple and it won’t take you that much time.
The Aadhar program started in
Linking your Aadhar number to your bank account is a must and if you don’t do it before the deadline, your bank account’s operations will be ceased. Make sure you follow the simple steps that we mentioned above and do this as soon as possible!
The only exception to this rule applies to small bank accounts, meaning that if you have a small bank account, you won’t have to link your Aadhar number. By small we mean that the aggregate of all credits in a financial year doesn’t exceed the Rs.
Make sure that you go through this simple process and link your Aadhar number to your bank account so you can receive government benefits and also be able to access different services.
The processes are simple and direct, so you won’t have any problem complying with this government requirement to enjoy all the government schemes and services.
If you have any questions, see Aadhar Linking FAQs here.