Aadhar cards have easily become an essential document for Indian citizens, not just because they offer proof of identity and residency, but because they allow their holders to take advantage and to benefit from social government-run schemes.
In fact, you should know that the government has started to link the Aadhar card to common services like banking, insurance, mobile services, and even to the Provident Fund. This means that from now on, you’ll need your Aadhar card to have access to services and schemes, and it’s a mandatory requirement to link your Aadhar card to your bank account.
That’s why today we will be showing you exactly what you need to do in order to link your Aadhar card to your bank account. Remember that the Aadhar is a
The Indian government has made it official by instructing all banking organizations to notify their clients and asking them to link their Aadhar number to their bank accounts. The sooner you comply with this request, the better. There will be a lot of traffic and the system can be slow and even unresponsive because there will be a lot of users trying to perform the same action.
To avoid this, link your Aadhar number to your bank account today. You should know that the Government of India has taken this measure to help prevent illegal activities such as money laundering and unfair distribution of public benefits and public resources, so keep in mind that this measure is meant to protect you and your interests.
Methods to Link Aadhar Number to Bank Account
As always, this process will be simple and quick because it will only take you a few easy steps. The process is almost the same for every bank, and there are two ways to link your Aadhar number to your bank account; there’s an offline method and an online method.
The offline method consists in filling an Aadhar application form and taking it to the bank yourself, while the online method is a lot faster because you can do it all on your computer.
Link Aadhar Number with Bank Account through the Branch Channel?
Here’s what you have to do:
- Download the form and print it.
- Complete the form with all of the required details, such as the name of the bank and the name of the branch.
- You’ll also need to fill in details such as your bank account number, your full name, gender, address, your Aadhar number, and your phone number.
- You’ll also have to fill in details like place, date, and you have to sign the document.
- Photocopy your Aadhar card and attach it to the application form.
- Go to your bank’s nearest office and submit the form to a representative. Once they have it, they will enter your information into their system.
- The will also let you know if you’ll receive a confirmation form or if there’s any other document you’ll need to submit.
- Once everything is confirmed, the banking official will sign the form and that will be the end of the process.
Make sure you take your original Aadhar card so that the representative can verify your identity.
Link Aadhar Number with Bank Account through Internet Banking
Like we mentioned before, the online method is easier and all you need is a computer to complete this process at home. Here’s what you need to do:
- If your bank offers Aadhar mapping, sign up for the Internet Banking services they provide.
- Log in to your Internet Banking account by using your username and password.
- Click on “Aadhar Card Seeding” or “Update Aadhar Card Details”.
- Once you’re redirected, enter the required information and make sure you check everything twice so you don’t provide any mistaken information.
- Click on “Submit” and the bank will save your form in their database.
- The information you submitted will be verified by the bank’s officials and after that, the application will be processed internally. If there’s a mistake with the information you provided, the officials will notify you immediately so you can correct it.
- You will be informed of the status of your application via email or via SMS.
You can also verify whether your Aadhar is linked with your bank account or not through the UIDAI’s website. Know the steps here to verify-