The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) offers the option to check the status of their Aadhar Card through an easy process available to you online. The platform they use to make this happen is the UIDAI’s online portal, but individuals can also check their Aadhar Card Status on their phones and also by turning to SMS or text messages.
This process makes it very simple and easy to check your Aadhar Card Status whenever you need to. That’s why today I’m taking the liberty of breaking down each of these processes in order to further simplify your task.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status online
UIDAI’s online service, which allows you to check the status of your Aadhar card, is very straight forward. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, go to UIDAI’s official website i.e.
- Now that you’re on that page, look to the left and you’ll find several options. Click on the third option that reads “Check Aadhar Status”.
- By clicking on that option your page will be directed to Aadhar’s status check page.
- Once you’re there, in order to check your Aadhar card status, you will have to fill the form with the following information:
- Enrollment ID, which should be typed in this format: “EID(
/ / )”. Be careful when you type in the numbers and make sure to double check so you don’t make any mistakes.
- Date and time of your enrollment, which should follow the “dd/mm/yy” format, as usual. Ex:
/ / .
- Security code. This security code will be shown on the screen, so make sure you copy it correctly.
- When your form is filled with the necessary information, click on the “Check Status” button that you’ll find at the bottom of the page.
That’s it! As you can see, the process via the web is very simple, so you won’t have any issues.
If you’re not sure what your Enrollment ID number is, all you need to do is find your application form. At the top of the Aadhar acknowledgment slip you’ll find an enrollment number with
How to check your Aadhar Status with your Enrollment Number?
- The first thing you need to do is open UIDAI’s official website.
- At the bottom right corner of the page you will find an option that reads “Aadhar Services”.
- Once you click on it, the website will direct you to the Aadhaar “Kiosk” where you’ll find a number of options. Click on the “Get Aadhar” option and then click on “Check Aadhar Status”.
- Once you do that, you will be directed to a form where you’ll have to enter the following information: enrollment ID, date and time, the four digit security code that you’ll find on the screen, and then click on “Check Status”.
Check your Aadhaar Status without your Acknowledgement Details
- Go to UIDAI’s official website and click on the “Aadhar Services” button that you’ll find at the bottom of the page.
- Once you’re there, click on the “Find UID/EID” button that you’ll find to your left.
- By clicking on the link you will be directed to a page where you’ll find the option to receive your Aadhar Number or your Enrollment Number.
- In this case, click on the “Enrollment No. (EID)” option.
- Once you do that you will have to fill in the form with the following information: Full name, email address or phone number (note that you have to provide the email or phone number that you registered during your enrollment process), and the security code that will appear on screen.
- Once you do that, click on the “Get OTP” option.
- After that, you will receive your OTP via email or text message.
- Enter the OTP on the website and then click on the “Verify OTP” button.
- Then you will receive your Aadhar Enrollment Number by email or text message.
How to check your Aadhaar Card Status by name
When you enroll on Aadhar, it usually takes
We’ve already seen what to do if you want to check your status without an enrollment number, but it’s very common for people to forget their ID number as well.
When that happens, people usually try to check out their status by providing personal information such as full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, etc. Unfortunately, Aadhar doesn’t allow this. Status search on Aadhar is only possible if you have your Enrollment ID in your hands.
If you happen to forget these digits, don’t worry! The UIDAI platform can help you retrieve your Aadhar Enrollment ID the way we discussed above. This is possible only if you have the Aadhar number that you receive via email or text message. You won’t be able to do this by entering your phone number.
If your Aadhar card has already been issued, you’ll get a text message with your card number. If it hasn’t, you’ll still get notifications via text message about the delivery status of your card.